My Aunt Olive’s homemade hot chocolate mix is perfect for gifting. It is rich, creamy & very tasty. You can put it in mason jar tied with a pretty ribbon & adorned with a card. Be sure to put the mixing instructions on the card so people will know how to make it properly.
No milk is needed to prepare this mix, just hot water.
MAKING THE MIX.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. A wire whisk works best.
- Add any extras (marshmallows, etc.) & stir in.
- Put into airtight containers for storage. I like to use mason jars. Making the hot chocolate.
- Add 1/3 cup of the mix to a mug.
- Add around 8oz. of hot water.
- Stir well & enjoy.
- No milk is necessary, water works fine.
How about some great add-ins?
- mini marshmallows
- mini chocolate chips (or white chocolate, peanut butter)
- dried mint powder
- Cyanne pepper
- crushed candy canes
- dried vanilla powder
- Pumpkin Spice