‘The Beatles’ self-titled album, more commonly known as the ‘White Album’ is the 10th studio album released & was a double LP. Twice the Beatles, twice the fun.
the Beatles White Album Awesome Cover
I guess they ran out of colored markers making the Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album. No colors on here but white. Hopefully they go to the sore & get some colors for the next record.
This album has a plain white sleeve with no graphics or text other than the band’s name embossed on it. Each copy of the record had a unique stamped serial number.
the Beatles White Album Awesome Music
The album features 30 songs, 19 were written during a 1968 trip to India for a Transcendental Meditation course. The only western instruments available were acoustic guitars, so a lot of the songs were written and later recorded acoustically.
It’s a good double LP, but I think it should have been trimmed to a single. Some of the songs on there are just terrible. I would cut 11 out of the 20 songs on the album even though I like/lov 15 of them.
It does, however, have the amazing cut “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”. That is one of the coolest songs ever. And don’t forget the hilarious: “The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill” & “Rocky Racoon”.
the Beatles White Album Awesome favorites
- Songs I like 3: “Back in the U.S.S.R.”, “Martha My Dear” & “Revolution 1”
- Songs I love 6: “Glass Onion”, “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da”, “Happiness Is a Warm Gun”, “Helter Skelter”, “Everybody’s Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey” & “Savoy Truffle”
- Songs that are fun to sing along with 3: “The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill”, “Birthday” & “Rocky Raccoon”
- Songs that are amazing 3: “Dear Prudence”, “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” & “Blackbird”
- Songs that are just plain stupid 4: “Wild Honey Pie, “Piggies”, “Why Don’t We Do It in the Road?” & “Revolution 9”
Share the love.