These are the 1st & 2nd Beatles (depending on the country) & I just have to say they are not my favorites.
The Beatles First Albums
Please, Please Me with the Beatles, sounds kinky.
I love the Beatles for sure, but I call them like I see them. They are mostly “bubblegum” pop & remakes. I don’t fault them for that. Those sappy love songs got millions of girls to fall in love them. That got them their start & set them on the path to stardom.
In the USA the first releases were different than in the United Kingdom. The UK had ‘Please Please Me’ and ‘With the Beatles’.
While the US had to have something completely different and got ‘Meet the Beatles’ and ‘The Beatles Second Album’, thus setting off a cataclysm of stupid that wouldn’t rectify itself until the “White Album” 10 Albums later. Man, Americans screw everything up.
The Beatles First Albums – Review
My take on the Beatles first albums is that they are pretty good. Yes, just pretty good.
I am now going to use the UK albums, instead of the completely messed up US versions.And ALWAYS will.
Out of the 28 songs on the two records, only 15 are originals. The other 13 songs are covers. Oh, the early days of pop. Oh no, they’re still doing that today. Anyway, the songs I like are mostly originals.
Here are the few I actually like.
On ‘Please Please Me’
- I love 3: ‘Do You Want to Know a Secret’, ‘I Saw Her Standing There’ & ‘PS I Love You’
- I like 2: ‘Please Please Me’ & ‘Love Me Do’
- I love (covers) 1: ‘Twist & Shout’ (One of the most recognizable).
- I don’t care for all of the rest, 3 originals & 6 covers.
On ‘With the Beatles’
- I love 3: ‘It Won’t Be Long’, ‘All My Loving’, ‘Little Child’,
- I like 2: ‘All I’ve Got to Do’ & ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’
- I love (covers) 1: ‘Roll Over Beethoven’ by the awesome Chuck Barry.
- I like (covers) 2: ‘You Really Got a Hold on Me’ & ‘”Devil in Her Heart’
- I don’t care for the others, 3 originals & 3 covers.
Share the love.
home | Patreon | Buy me a coffee.